HS3 is the culmination of the HANDSHAKE 1 and HANDSHAKE 2 projects
In this third iteration of the HANDSHAKE project 12 energetic and creative New Zealand jewellery artists selected from former HANDSHAKE Projects developed ideas and work for a further round of extended challenges that included professional development, collaborations, national and international exhibitions.
HANDSHAKE 3 professional development:
JEWELcamp: with Sofia Björkman from Sweden (30-31 January 2016, Whitireia Performance Centre) note: Sofia’s travel to NZ is sponsored by the Swedish government.
Masterclass: with Hilde de Decker from Belgium (1-4 February 2016 Whitireia Media Centre, Wellington, NZ). Sofia and Hilde exhibited a body of work at Avid gallery, Wellington, NZ (opening 30 January 2016).
HANDSHAKE 3 Exhibition programme:
- Objectspace, Auckland (Augustus 8 – 13, 2016): focus on collaboration, view catalogue
- Platina Gallery, Stockholm (September 17 – October 15, 2016): focus on new work. JEWELtalks at the Kunstfak Stockholm and the art academy in Tallinn, Estonia (20 Sept). view PDF catalogue: SPANpoints
- Frame Galleries, Concept & Conception, Internationale Handwerksmesse
- Lot62 “It will All come out in the Wash”, collaboration exhibition with the London-based Dialogue Collective group
- The Dowse Art Museum, Lower Hutt, “handshake 3: reflect August 5 – December 3, 2017:” this exhibition will include a more specific brief and focus on new work, with a Handshake project book launch (published by Arnoldsche).
HANDSHAKE Project official website: click here